Live Your Best Life in San Diego This Summer
There are countless reasons why San Diego is known as “America’s Finest City.” Beaches. Sunshine. Warm weather. Amazing restaurants. World-class museums. Simply put, it’s incredibly easy to enjoy life here. Still, there are always endless ways to REALLY go for the gusto if you want to pull out all the stops, and experience the best of everything. So grab your best friends and get ready to live your best life at the Dana this summer with these San Diego events and activities!
Try Speed Dating
Is it possible to find your soulmate in little more than a fleeting moment? There’s only one way to find out. Speed dating lets you meet countless new potential “persons of interest” all at once. If five minutes isn’t enough, then maybe there’s something there.
We’re big fans of checking out hole-in-the-wall boutiques, mom-and-pop shops, and unique indie businesses. Take Pigment, for example. There’s no place else like it in town, give it’s mix of gifts, accessories, plants and lots more. Stop in—you’ll see what we mean.
Toast the Sunshine
Never mind the “it’s 5 o’clock somewhere” mentality. There’s nothing wrong with day drinking — at least, not when you do it at hotspots like these:
- Beach House: Time for tacos, tequila, and warm sand between your toes.
- El Prez: Good vibes, lively crowds, beach views and cold drinks.
Happy Does Bar: Happy is as happy does at this cheerful Gaslamp stop
- Gossip Grill: Karaoke. Drag Brunches Saucy Soirées. Never a dull moment.
- Cannonball: Sushi and drinks at the largest oceanfront rooftop in San Diego!
Take In the Sunset
It’s no secret that the west coast has the best sunsets you’ll find anywhere. Snap the perfect Instagram shot with the sun setting behind you at these popular golden hour spots.
- Sunset Cliffs: Visitors love discovering how these sandstone cliffs got their name.
Windansea Beach: unique topography, a spectacular beach, grand vistas.
La Jolla Cove: Cozy restaurants, eclectic shops, and absolutely stunning sunsets.
- Mount Soledad: Gaze across miles of coastline, landmarks, and the Pacific Ocean.
Nighttime Is the Right Time
The good times don’t stop just because evening falls. If anything, when the sun goes down, the party kicks up a notch. Here’s where to celebrate your San Diego nights.
- Bang Bang: Dig into some gourmet sushi, then dance the night away here.
- Altitude Sky Lounge: Rooftop lounge with signature drinks, and killer views.
- Side Bar: Equal parts upbeat, intimate, and unique. A very memorable experience.
- Maverick’s Beach Club: Games. Drinks. Great food. Live music. And more.
Breathe Easy at a Boozy Brunch
San Diego is a brunching city – no matter what neighborhood you’re in, you’ll find people sipping mimosas on a patio somewhere. So once you’ve gotten the most out of your evening and slept off the excess, it’s time for a little hair of the dog. And a lot of bacon.
- Morning Glory: All they do is breakfast, so you know they do it right.
Brian’s 24: Brunches just as decadently indulgent as anything from last night.
Nolita Hall: One of Little Italy’s most notable eateries in an area full of them.
- Breakfast and Bubbles: All-day breakfast and instagram-worthy plates.
- Firefly Eatery & Bar: Our own on-site restaurant always delivers the delicious.
Check In to The Dana on Mission Bay
There’s no better place than The Dana to really enjoy the good life. Our hotel offers plush comfort, exceptional service, premium amenities, and a central location close to all of San Diego’s best nightlife. We’re truly a destination unto ourselves! Take a look at our latest Special Offers, choose the travel deal that’s right for you, and enjoy the best of everything.