San Diego Date Night Ideas for Wallets of All Sizes
The most romantic month of the year has arrived and the pressure is on to plan the perfect Valentine’s Day celebration with the one you love. From land to sea, San Diego offers date night activities in all price ranges.
Love Don’t Cost a Thing
Grow closer to the one you love without spending a dime. From romantic strolls in the park to the perfect places to watch the sunset, all you need is one another for these romantic Valentine’s Day ideas.
- Take a stroll through Balboa Park and stop at the tranquil lily pond for a selfie
- Bring a blanket and watch the sunset from sunset cliffs (now you know how it got its name)
- Pack a lunch and have a beach day. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Contemplate art together in the Timken Museum of Art, which is always free to the public
Romance on a Budget
Don’t want to break the bank for Valentine’s Day? San Diego offers a plethora of date ideas to execute on a budget.
- Grab some ice cream from The Baked Bear and walk along the Pacific Beach Pier
- Rollerblade down the boardwalk hand in hand. Rent skates for an hour from Mission Beach Rentals for $7 per pair. Maybe you will even see San Diego’s resident boardwalk roller-skater, Slomo
- Explore Liberty Station at night and stop for a craft beer at Stone Brewing Company
I’ll Spend It All for You
Indulge in each other and enjoy a romantic evening with one another that you won’t soon forget.
- Enjoy a night on the water for a romantic four-course dinner cruise around the San Diego Bay
- Take a romantic ride in a hot air balloon with Sky’s the Limit Ballooning Adventures
- Pretend you’re in Italy with a relaxing gondola ride through the Coronado Cays, Italian wine, and personal mandolin player
- Sample and build your own cheese plates, with a trip to Venissimo Cheese, or sip mezcals at Catina Mayahuel, home to over 100 different mezcals