"Your Safety First!"
Bartell Hotels New Health & Safety Plan and Updated Business Operations
California Travel Guidance Update 12/8/2020
The Dana on Mission Bay remains open in compliance with state and local health orders, including to provide accommodation for essential travel.
Guests should review our latest state and local government orders, issued on December 7th 2020, to confirm eligibility to travel to and stay by clicking here. Please note in compliance with California state orders, face coverings are required to be worn by both associates and guests while in public spaces at the hotel.
Your Safety And Wellbeing Is Our Top Priority
“Your Safety First!” was developed in June 2020, in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic as part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of all our guests, colleagues and the communities we work and live in. Listed below is a summary of our plans, procedures and protocols that outline exactly how we intend to keep our colleagues, guests, and communities safe, outlined by department.
Property In General
We have augmented our health and sanitation protocols across the properties for everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Employees, guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings while inside any buildings and while within six feet of anyone else.
- Guests are provided with face coverings as needed.
- Throughout the resorts, social distancing signage and floor decals remind everyone to observe the six foot rule.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lobby tables and chairs, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, escalator and stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas
- All cleaning agents and disinfectant products are EPA-approved and are of the highest efficacy available in the market, including electrostatic sprayers, which are used in all indoor spaces.
- The number of guests permitted in elevators will vary based on the size of the elevator, with the smallest elevators limited to only family groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations are positioned at every entrance, at every elevator landing, at ice and vending machines, and outside of public restrooms.
- All indoor and outdoor seating in public areas, pools, and restaurants are arranged to accommodate social distancing between each family group.
- Floor markings show proper social distancing positions in all high traffic areas.
- In public restrooms, the faucets, soap dispensers, and toilets are hands-free. Paper towels are available to dry hands.
- All public spaces will be disinfected with electrostatic sprayers weekly.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule of all front desk and lobby areas, with an emphasis on frequently contacted surfaces, and updated procedures for interactions between guests and host staff.
- During peak lobby traffic times, a “Greeter” is positioned in front of the hotel entry to distribute masks and hand sanitizer to guests, and direct traffic to minimize density in the lobby.
- There are no valet services and bell staff employees are not permitted to open vehicle doors.
- Only one person per guest party is permitted inside the lobby for check-in to maximize social distancing.
- The Guest Services Agents at the front desk have plexi-glass partitions separating the agent from the guest.
- Registration is paperless.
- Guest Services Agents will not touch guest identification cards.
- Guest swipe the credit card themselves; Guest Services Agent will not touch guest credit cards.
- Front desk counter and pens are immediately sanitized after being touched by a guest.
- Key cards are sanitized before and after each use.
- Guest check-out is express and paperless; all folios are emailed with a paper copy only upon request
Updated Housekeeping Policies
Our housekeeping policies have been modified to support the health and safety of our guests and team members. Housekeeping services will be limited to essential guest needs only
- No housekeeping or turndown service will be provided during your stay unless upon special request.
- Towels, fresh linens, and other amenities are available upon request and will be left outside the guest room.
- Guestroom sanitation seal indicates that the room is clean and has been sanitized and unentered since cleaning.
- After guests check out, each guestroom are cleaned with electrostatic sprayers, which are one of the most effective methods of sanitizing indoor spaces.
- All magazines, literature, and guest compendiums have been removed from the guest room.
- All glasses have been replaced with prewrapped, disposable cups.
- Disposable yet unnoticeable pillow protectors go over the pillowcase to ensure there is no transmission into the stuffing of the pillow.
- Extra pillows and extra blankets have been removed from the closet. These will be available upon request.
- No housekeeper nor maintenance personnel will enter the guestroom while the guest is present.
- In the case of a positive or presumptive positive case of a guest having Covid-19, the guest will be safely escorted off the property. The guest’s room will be removed from service, quarantined, and double-locked. The room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol performed by a licensed third-party service.
Pool, Fitness and Outdoor Recreation
We have ensured that you will be able to enjoy most of our resort amenities in a safe way.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at each pool gate.
- Pool seating is arranged to social distance by family group.
- Pool chairs are disinfected after guest use.
- Pool railings, pool entrance gate, towel kiosks, pool bar, pool chairs and tables are sanitized frequently.
- Social distancing is required in pools.
- Bikes, boogie boards, and beach umbrellas are available and will be disinfected before and after use.
- The Fitness Center temporarily closed.
- Outdoor games (corn hole, connect four, ping pong equipment) are temporarily unavailable.
Restaurants, Bars and In-Room Dining
We offer dining on property with great service, high quality and delicious food, and refreshing beverages, served in a comfortable and beautiful atmosphere.
- We offer a to-go breakfast menu in the morning and a dinner menu in the evening.
- For to-go breakfast and dinner, hot and cold food and beverage items are individually wrapped, sanitized and ready to carryout by guests.
- We are currently not accepting cash payments; credit card and room charges are accepted.
- Outdoor seating is temporarily unavailable.
Employee Protocols & Administrative Areas
Safety starts behind the scenes. We’re taking extra steps in our administrative areas to ensure our team members’ safety and help them carry best practices forward to you. We have implemented these important steps:
- All employees must undergo temperature and symptom checks prior to starting each shift, wash their hands every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, wear face masks and gloves, be trained on Covid-19 protocols, and monitor and enforce social distancing at all times.
- Employee arrival, departure, break and meal times are staggered to minimize traffic volume in back of house corridors and service elevators.
- Employees do not report to work if they are feeling ill.
- Employees are required to report to management if they believe they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if they observe others who may be displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
I want to thank you again for your support during this challenging time, and we look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to The Dana on Mission Bay.