Plan the Perfect Proposal in San Diego
February is the month of love. And if you’re planning on asking that special someone that special question, we’ve got some great ideas for you! Whether you’re thinking of something big or small, insta-worthy or intimate, we can help. Keep reading for proposal ideas and some of the best San Diego proposal spots!
Go Big With The Decor
Think BIG when planning your engagement. Professionally designed floral backdrops with your soon-to-be-financée’s favorite flowers will wow them even more. From flowers to pampas grass, bohemian to fairy tale, the options are endless and can be personalized to your liking.
Cause A Scene
Technology is advancing every day, why not use it to help you ask the question?! For a slightly more personal moment, use a custom neon sign or marquee letters. For a show stopping moment, consider using fireworks or drones. Drones have been used to spell out “Will you marry me?” or even depict a ring being placed on a finger.
Document The Entire Moment
Really make the moment special with a romantic couples photo shoot. Mid-shoot, surprise your partner and drop down to one knee! The surprise will be forever documented and make for the best engagement photos or save-the-date cards for friends and family.
Think Outside of the Box
If you and your partner are a more adventurous couple, take your proposal to the sea or sky! Book a private sailing charter or private sunset dinner charter and pop the question while admiring the views from the water. For an even more unique experience, book a hot air balloon ride! You’ll enjoy the view of San Diego from above and have the perfect moment to propose. Either option will surely be unforgettable and a conversion-starter for years to come.
Ask With A View
San Diego’s scenery is hard to beat and some of the best places to take it all in are from the rooftops. Whether you’re looking over the ocean or the city, there are plenty of places to take advantage of the great views and beaming smiles sure to accompany you. Pro tip: hire a photographer to discreetly capture the moment!
- Cannonball (1.2 miles away): Turn date night (hyperlink to date night blog) into a night they’ll never forget at Cannonball, home to San Diego’s largest oceanfront rooftop. Indulge in sushi, saki, and fresh cocktails before popping the question. (3105 Ocean Front Walk, San Diego, CA 92109).
- Mister A’s (6.4 miles away): Gorgeous views and the perfect balance of upscale yet casual make Mister A’s a perfect spot to propose. Enjoy a delicious meal topped with dessert and a champagne toast to celebrate your engagement! (2550 Fifth Ave 12th Floor, San Diego, CA 92103).
Enjoy A Park or Beach Picnic
With so many gardens, parks, and beaches in San Diego, it’s hard to pass any of them up as great spots to propose. Grab take out from your favorite restaurant (don’t have a favorite? That’s ok, just ask our front desk for a recommendation!) and head to a picturesque spot.
- Sunset Cliffs (3.1 miles away): This stunning spot is appropriately named and does not disappoint! Steal the show by dropping to one knee as the sun starts to sink. (1100 Sunset Cliffs Blvd, San Diego, CA 92107)
- Balboa Park (8.3 miles away): With museums, the zoo, galleries, shops, and immersive exhibits, Balboa Park is a beautiful place. Make it even more beautiful by planning a romantic picnic and proposing in the Spanish Village, Palm Canyon, or Alcazar Gardens. (2168 Pan American E Rd, San Diego, CA 92101)
Ask At The Dana on Mission Bay
An unbeatable location makes The Dana on Mission Bay a beautiful place to ask for your sweetheart’s hand. Add to the romance with dinner, a sunset stroll, and a relaxing stay!
- Firefly Eatery & Bar: Start the rest of your lives together with a delicious dinner at our on-site restaurant, Firefly Eatery & Bar. Enjoy expertly crafted meals and cocktails before popping the question with stunning views of the marina and Mission Bay in the background!
- Marina Walkway: Right by Sunset Park, this spot is an ideal location to propose. With stunning sunsets and great views of the bay, your partner will be blown away by the scenes even before you drop down to one knee.
- Intimate Rooms and Suites: With water, marina, and tropical courtyard views, our beautiful guest rooms and suites are the perfect option for a private proposal. With Valentine’s Day offers, you can feel the love even more!
We would love to be part of your proposal story and will help make your moment as special as we possibly can! For any assistance with dinner reservations, setting up your room with flowers, champagne, or strawberries, or if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
After they say “Yes!” plan for “I do!” at The Dana. From intimate weddings to grand-scale affairs we offer unlimited options. Explore our wedding options today!