Labor Day Weekend means the end of summer, so head to San Diego for the most fun you've had all season. Take a look at the great special events happening Labor Day Weekend in San Diego:
• San Diego Nighttime Zoo brings special shows to the zoo's evening hours. There are African-themed parades and dances in honor of the new Africa Rocks exhibits, plus afternoon puppet shows and keeper talks.
• Enjoy the romance of tall ships with the Festival of Sail at the Maritime Museum. The event starts with a parade of tall ships on August 31. Then you can visit the ships through the weekend, plus take special cruises and even participate in a naval cannon battle!
• Baseball's America's summer pastime; watch the San Diego Padres take on the LA Dodgers in four games over the weekend. There'll be special promotions at each game, including a party at Petco Park on Friday and fireworks after the game on Saturday.
• The Barona Band of Mission Indians hosts the annual Barona Powwow Sept 1-3 featuring gourd dancing and a hand drum contest.
• It's old-fashioned Italian fun at the Grape Stomp in Julian Sept 2. Yes, you can stomp grapes, plus enjoy Italian music and food, and try your hand a a game of bocce.
• Stay out late for the Labor Day Sunday Club Crawl Sept 3. You'll visit four of the best clubs in the Gaslamp. The event goes until 2am on Monday--good thing you can sleep in on Labor Day!
You can also enjoy your last weekend enjoying summer weather at The Dana on Mission Bay. Our amenities, including on-site bicycle and water sports rentals, make it easy for you to make the most of San Diego's perfect days. Or simply lounge by the pool and enjoy being lazy one last summer weekend. Click here to book your Labor Day getaway!