California sunshine doesn't chase away the creatures that go bump in the night. Halloween in San Diego is full of monsters, zombies, and great ways to have a scarily good time. Get in the Halloween "Spirit" here at The Dana on Mission Bay as well! Stop by our Tropical Pool for a Spooky swim and Halloween movies throughout the month. Find Halloween Selfie stations on property, enjoy Creepy Cocktails from the Firefly and our Pool Bar, and enter your pet into our October Facebook Pet Costume Contest! Use #danaweenpets and submit your pet photos to us on Facebook and Instagram. Share your favorites Halloween photos in general with us by using #dawnofthedana!
Here are a look at some of the other great Halloween events in San Diego:
• The SeaWorld Halloween Spooktacular runs weekends throughout the month. The park adds Halloween-themed shows, dance parties, and trick-or-treating to its lineup of animal attractions and thrill rides.
• At Legoland, Brick-or-Treat Party Nights turn October Saturdays into a Halloween celebration, with dancing, entertainment, candy, a pumpkin patch, and hands-on fun.
• The monsters take over the streets during the daytime 10/28 at the Boo! Parade. There'll be floats filled with ghouls and goblins, plus entertainment.
• Learn about shipboard ghosts when you hear Haunted Tales aboard the Star of India at the San Diego Maritime Museum 10/21 & 10/28. Will the light from a lantern be enough to keep the spirits away as you tour the ship?
• Only the bold should make a reservation at The Haunted Hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter. It's known as one of the best haunted rooms in the country.
• Follow the Haunted Trail in Balboa Park. There are terrors in the forest after dark!
• Go on a Zombie Crawl through the Gaslamp, San Diego's nightlife center, 10/27 & 10/28. You'll get entry to 25 different venues.
• While the zombies are in the clubs, monsters take over the Gaslamp's streets at Monster Bash on 10/28. There are eight streets and five themed stages of frightening fun.